Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes.
You can cook Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes
- You need of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s of Baking Powder.
- You need of Baking Soda.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Flaxseed.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- You need of Nutmeg.
- It’s of Buttermilk Lowfat.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
- You need of Eggs Large.
- It’s of Eggwhite.
- It’s of Honey.
- Prepare of Maple Syrup.
- You need of Butter.
Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes step by step
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, flaxseed and salt in a large bowl, preferably strained through a sieve as this will make pancakes lighter and fluffier. Stir together..
- Combine buttermilk, oil, honey,1 egg, and the egg white, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. (Mixture should be runny, almost like a thick milkshake consistency).
- Heat a pan and add some butter, enough to cover the base of the pan.For the savoury recipe i make a larger, thicker pancake. Cook the pancake on one side, checking to turn once it is a golden brown. Flip pancake over, allow to cook for just a few seconds..
- Take off the heat and with a butter knife cut a large heart shape out of the centre. The pancake should be cooked solidly enough to allow this. Return to a medium heat, add a little drop of oil to the centre, and break an egg into the centre..
- To cook the top of the egg i like to stick the pan under a grill flame/broiler for a minute. Then place your pancake onto the plate and serve how you would like; In the picture I have sauteed some mushrooms, grilled some turkey bacon, and poured some syrup on the plate. Voila!.
- For the sweet plate (pictured) I heat the pan as before, melt some butter, and slowly pour two lines of pancakes that meet at the bottom to form a heart shape. Once the pancake is cooked, you can use a butter knife to perfect the heart shape!.
- For the sweet pancake i decorated the plate by arranging pomegranate seeds around one pancake, whipped cream and cinnamon on top of another, sliced bananas and maple syrup on the plate, and a serving of strawberries, blueberries and almonds on the side, but be creative and use anything youd like!.