You can have Beef Stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of stew meat, cut in bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 6 of medium size potatoes, cut in chunks.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, cut in chunks or baby carrots.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, cut in chunks.
- You need 2 of celery stalks, cut in 1 inch pieces.
- You need 1 can of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of ketchup or tomato paste.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, garlic and Worcestershire for seasoning.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2-3 tablespoons cold water.
Beef Stew instructions
- Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Brown in 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil..
- Add browned meat to crockpot..
- Add vegetables..
- Add broth and ketchup or tomato paste..
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours. You can also use pressure cooker or stovetop. If using stovetop, simmer on low until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently to prevent sticking/ scorching..
- Optional. If you like a thicker gravy, mix equal amounts cornstarch and cold water (2-3 tablespoons). Whisk together to make a slurry. Slowly add slurry to finished stew, a tablespoon at a time, until desired thickness..