Steak lo mein. This Steak Lo Mein uses those ingredients but the sauce is richer and sweeter. It is the perfect combo to pair with pan seared steak, peppers and onions and freshly cooked noodles. If you like Lo Mein you will love this recipe.
What Meat Goes with Lo Mein? Beef: Flank steak, skirt steak, ribeye or top sirloin will all work great in this recipe. Whatever cut you choose, make sure the beef achieves a nice golden color. You can have Steak lo mein using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steak lo mein
- Prepare of fresh cooked or leftover steak, chopped, I had a ribeye and a filet.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- You need of vinegar, i used rice wine vinegar this time.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- It’s of onion and garlic powders and pepper.
- Prepare of green onions chopped.
- You need of lo mein noodles OR spaghetti noodles.
Lo mein is a Chinese dish with egg noodles. It often contains vegetables and some type of meat or seafood, usually beef, chicken, pork, shrimp or wontons. It can also be eaten with just vegetables. The easiest, most delicious lo mein you will make!
Steak lo mein step by step
- Boil your noodles in salted water. Drain.
- Cook your steak in a skillet to desired doneness. Chop into bite size pieces when it cools down enough..
- In a bowl mix the soy sauce, vinegar, br sugar, sesame oil and seasonings until dissolved. Chop the green onions and set aside..
- When noodles are drained, pour dissolved soy sauce mixture in and combine. Add steak and green onions to the pot next and combine well! We eat egg rolls with ours..
It's quick, healthy and best of all, it's kid approved!… ! This delicious Homemade Lo Mein Noodles & Steak is perfect for a busy night dinner. This lo mein recipe happens to feature shrimp, but in two shakes you'll see how you can make a vegetarian version, or a chicken version, or a steak or pork version of this ever popular. Lo mein is a popular takeout dish at many Chinese restaurants. But if you're a fan of this tasty noodle dish, you can easily recreate it at home and customize it to suit your tastes.