Dum Biryani. Chicken dum biryani recipe with step by step pictures. But trust me, once you learn the right process, it is such an easy breezy way of making restaurant style chicken dum biryani. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is a World famous Dish, it is made using chicken which is marinated then cooked and then is added to cooked rice and again.
For assembling the Chicken Dum Biryani: Saffron soaked in milk. Ghee: Try our homemade ghee recipe We love to enjoy any this easy Indian Chicken Dum Biryani as such. Chicken Dum Biryani is a slow cooking process and this process is very essential to bring the perfect flavors out of the dum biryani. You can cook Dum Biryani using 29 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dum Biryani
- It’s of For Rice.
- Prepare 200 grams of Long Grain Basmati Rice.
- Prepare 1 of Bayleaf.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of For chicken marination.
- It’s 500 grams of Non GMO chicken.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ginger garlic and chili paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of red chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of corriander powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 7-8 of mint leaves.
- Prepare 10 grams of fresh corriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of tandoori chicken masala.
- It’s Half of cup yogurt (optional).
- You need of For the gravy.
- It’s 7 of medium to small slices onions.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic chili paste.
- It’s 1 of Bayleaf.
- Prepare 2 of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick(very small piece).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Everest chicken masala.
- You need 5-6 Strands of Saffron.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of milk.
- You need 20 grams of Fresh corriander leaves.
It is a Dum method and it is called so as the chicken marinade and the. We make the best Biryani in town. Right food baked with natural ingredient. The use of natural best quality products.
Dum Biryani step by step
- Marinate chicken. I do dry marination i.e. I don’t put yogurt in marination. But again putting the yogurt will definitely make chicken tender and juicy. Put chicken in the bowl and add ginger garlic chilli paste, oil, chilli powder, turmeric powder, corriander powder, mint leaves, fresh chopped corriander and yogurt (optional)..
- Rub this mixture evenly on chicken and let it marinate for 6-7 hours. Take rice wash it with water 3 times and let it soak in water for 15 mins. Boil water and put some salt, bayleaf it gives out good aroma to rice. Put rice in boiling water and cook it al dente. Strain the rice and let it cool..
- Heat oil in a deep bottom container. Add peppercorn, cardamom, cloves, Bayleaf and cinnamon. Cook it for 2 minutes, add thinly sliced onions in it. Heat a little oil in a pan on side and add some sliced onions in it and keep sautéing both. We sauté the onions in the pan until it’s brown and crispy. On the other side sauté the onions until they are golden brown and add ginger garlic chilli paste in it. This is the moment it will start sticking at the bottom, make sure you don’t burn it..
- After the raw smell of ginger garlic chilli paste is gone add our marinated chicken in it. Now if you have not added yogurt in marination, add little yogurt here and stir the mixture. Add spices according to your flavour. Turn the heat low, cover it and let it cook. Chicken will release some water and it will cook in it..
- When the chicken is cooked, lower the flame and add rice in it. Once you have added rice level it. Put caramelised onion, chopped corriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, saffron milk, ghee. Cover it with foil and put lid on top of it. Cook for 10 mins and serve..
In case of DUM Biryani the rice and meat is cooked in an earthen pot and the lid is sealed with dough and it is cooked on slow fire. That's the reason it was called Dum Biryani. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one of the best ways to make biryani and mind you, it is full of very distinct flavours. The most important of which comes from the very many spices like cardamom. Egg Dum Biryani is a splendid rice indulgence, satiated with the magic of Indian spices, herbs and Learn to make Hyderabadi Egg Biryani