Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans. Tofu, Cauliflower, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, garlic, turmeric, ginger and simmer in in this coconut curry dish. Everything is simmered in light coconut milk with a little tomato sauce and plenty of aromatic spices to make it rich and creamy and FLAVORFUL. This Cashew Tofu stir-fry is loaded up with healthy veggies, crispy tofu, roasted cashews, and tossed with a simple ginger stir-fry sauce.
Pour in the coconut milk, soy sauce and molasses. Sauteed tofu is cooked with a small amount of oil and a bit of sauce to create a delightfully crispy exterior. Cook tofu, stirring frequently until sauce has been absorbed into tofu and caramelized around the edges creating a crispy exterior. You can have Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans
- It’s 14 oz of extra firm tofu (1 brick).
- You need 12 oz of green beans, washed & cut in 2” pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of toasted cashews (unsalted).
- You need 14 oz of unsweetened coconut milk.
- You need 2 of ” ginger, peeled & grated.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of molasses.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried scallions.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil (avoid olive oil this time).
- You need 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
When the tofu is done baking, add it to the peanut sauce and stir to coat. The rice should also be done by now. Serve immediately with chopped cilantro, peanuts and perhaps some Swap unsweetened cashew, almond or soy milk for the full fat coconut milk if you want a lighter, less rich dish. This tofu is a fantastic addition to Asian dishes and recipes that need extra protein.
Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans instructions
- Halve the tofu brick horizontally and place on paper towels to absorb as much water as possible. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on high heat, until it glistens. Season the tofu on all sides with salt / pepper and fry at least 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Be careful not to move it except for flipping, to avoid it from breaking. Reserve..
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan and sauté the green beans for 3-4 minutes, or until blisters appear. Place in a bowl and reserve..
- One more tbsp oil into the pan, and this time add the minced ginger and garlic. Sauté until fragrant (30 seconds, more or less). Add coconut milk, soy sauce, molasses. Turn down heat to low and reduce the sauce to half, stirring constantly, until it thickens and becomes syrupy (this will take some 12-15 minutes)..
- Add cashews and cook in the sauce for 2 minutes. Cube the tofu and add to the sauce, mixing carefully to coat the cubes without breaking them..
- To serve, toss the green beans with rice wine and dried scallions. Serve the whole thing in a bowl with your favorite starch (we used steamed basmati rice). Yummers!.
Extra-firm tofu is the only way to go, and I've found that the Trader Joe's brand is the most firm of them all (plus, it's only two dollars). I added some snap peas, cashews, broccoli, a little of lime juice. Coconut Crusted Tofu is light, crispy and easy to make in the oven or air fryer! Delicious in salads, grain bowls or right off the pan with sweet chili dip. Elevate simple baked tofu with this crispy coconut crusted tofu recipe that can be made in the oven or air fryer!