Bisi Bele Bhat. Bisi bele bhath (bisi bēle bhāt) (Kannada: ಬಿಸಿ ಬೇಳೆ ಭಾತ್) or Bisi Bele Huliyanna (ಬಿಸಿಬೇಳೆಹುಳಿಯನ್ನ) is a spicy, rice-based dish with origins in the state of Karnataka, India. Bisi bele bath recipe (stovetop & Instant pot options). Also known as Bisi Bele huli anna, it is one of the traditional Karnataka recipes that is prepared in most Kannada speaking homes.
Bisi Bele Bath should be eaten hot, which is BISI in Kannada. This dish is popular in old Mysore region of Karnataka and not known to Coastal and North Karnataka where food culture is entirely different. The name Bisi bele bath itself means hot lentil rice (sambar rice, Karnataka style) I have tried bisi bele bath with a recipe from a cookbook I have. You can cook Bisi Bele Bhat using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bisi Bele Bhat
- You need 3/4 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Massoor dal.
- You need of Small lemon size tamarind.
- It’s 1 tsp of Jaggery.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut milk.
- Prepare of Fistful of green peas.
- Prepare of Beans 5 or 6. capsicum cubed.
- You need of Carrot 1/2 cup diced.
- It’s of Cashew nuts 10 broken.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Hing.
- It’s of Curry leaves 10.
- You need 3 of DryRed chilli.
- It’s 2 tsp of Bisi bele bhat pdr.
First time, it turned out with cinnamon flavour more. The menu was bisi bele bath, Appalam and potato chips. A bigggg vessel of bisi bele bath and homemade potato chips were polished off in no time. Bisi bele bath should have thin consistency.
Bisi Bele Bhat instructions
- Wash and soak rice for 20 mins..
- Pressure cook dal and rice separately adding salt to taste..
- Soak tamarind in half cup of water.Squeeze and filter it..
- Add bisi bele bhat pdr,jaggery, tamarind and salt together..
- Mash the dal to smooth and add to rice..
- If rice is too big mash that also..
- Vegetables……Yes Heat a pan with 1 tsp ghee.Add vegetables and saute them for 4mins..
- Pour 1 cup water. This way they will retain their crunchiness..
- Pour the tamarind mix and stir well..
- Add mashed dal and rice mix.Boil for5 mins. Right consistency will come.Add in coconut milk..
- For tadka or seasoning heat ghee and add cashews and then curry leaves.Add hing,mustard seeds and broken dry red chilli..
- Serve hot with papadam..
Switch on the stove and bring it to boil by stirring continuously. Add in a tsp of ghee at the end and serve. Tasty bisi bele bath ready to eat. Bisi Bele Bath Recipe (Bisi Bele Huli Anna) – a traditional classic dish from Karnataka cuisine. This bisi bele bath is also called bisi bele huli anna (means a hot, tangy dish with dal, rice).