Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls. In this crispy tofu sushi burrito I use vegan chipotle mayonnaise and a touch of cayenne to bring in a little smoke and subtle spice. The second trick is to inject as much flavour in to the roll as you can. Unlike traditional sushi, dipping a burrito in to a bowl of soy sauce can be problematic.
Sushi isn't hard to make at all, you don't need a special rolling mat or any special tools. Just a pot to cook rice in and a cutting board. Once tofu is in the oven, prepare sushi rice by bringing rice and water to a boil, then lowering to a simmer and covering pot. You can have Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls
- Prepare of Firm tofu.
- It’s 1 C of Sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 C of Corn starch.
- Prepare of Vegan chicken seasoning.
- You need of UMAMI mushroom seasoning.
- You need 2 of Nori sheets.
- Prepare of Pickled Shredded red cabbage.
- It’s of Pickled carrots and apples.
- You need of Soy sauce (shoyu sauce).
- Prepare of Mirin (rice wine vinegar).
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds (optional).
- Prepare of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Oat milk.
- Prepare of Sugar and Salt.
Crispy tofu is the main vegan protein in these spring roll bowls. A light coating of arrowroot or corn starch makes a big difference when it comes to crispiness. And crispy spicy sushi bowls are healthier than traditional sushi, too, with whole-grain brown rice Even if you've never attempted sushi, you can feel confident tackling this recipe since there aren't any frustrating rolls to Vegan Deconstructed Crispy, Spicy Tofu Bowls for a Japanese-Inspired Lunch. Vegan Sushi Rolls Recipe (Sushi Chay).
Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls step by step
- Drain and pat dry the firm tofu. Cut it in half. You dont need all of it unless you plan to make a lot of sushi. Cut length wise and not too thick..
- Place 1 cup of corn starch in a bowl. Season it with the vegan chicken seasoning and mushroom seasoning. [You can use whatever seasoning you want] mix well!.
- Cover the tofu in the cornstarch mix. In two bowls place the oat milk and bread crumbs. Dip the cornstarch tofu in the oat milk first and then in the breadcrumbs covering it completely and shaking off excess. Once you have done all of the tofu set aside and start heating up oil..
- In the mean time cook sushi rice per instruction in either a rice cooker or pot. I did a pot because I didnt want to deal with rice cooker (it was quicker too).
- Once oil is hot enough, fry those little suckers!.
- Once everything is cooked time to assemble. But first, place the warm rice in a shallow bowl and season it with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1/2 tsp of sugar and salt. Mix well..
- Grab the nori sheets and place one on the sushi mat. I use wax paper on the mat to help it not stick. Press rice into the sheet pressing firmly but gently. Rice should stick easily if it's a bit warm..
- Start assembling your ingredients, and ROLL carefully..
We like sushi, but we couldn't handle the raw sushi. Everything has to be cooked or smoked. We're going to make Vegan Avocado Tofu Sushi Rolls (no animal products). The rolls actually taste as good as the seafood version. This Vegan Kimbap features crispy fried tofu with seasoned and fresh vegetables!