Beef stew, with matoke. Sukuma Wiki with Matoke (Beef Stew with. Hallo Fam, please welcome to my YouTube Channel. I hope to be mostly cooking Kenyan dishes/ Food.
When was the last time you had matoke? This is the kind meal your mom spoils you with when you visit. Matoke is an African dish we hope former President Obama had when he came to Kenya. You can cook Beef stew, with matoke using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef stew, with matoke
- You need of beef.
- It’s of matoke.
- It’s of Irish potatoes.
- It’s of tomatoes.
- It’s of onions.
- Prepare of glove garlic.
- You need of Dhania.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Beef.
Matoke is also the name given to a delicious, rib-sticking plantain stew that is a Ugandan national dish. Versions of matoke, also known as matooke Simply eliminate the beef and use water or vegetable stock. This beef stew is the ultimate, hearty, melt-in-your mouth comfort food of all, and so easy to make in the Instant Pot® for a simple midweek dinner. My husband is picky about beef stew and said this is the best one he's had in years!
Beef stew, with matoke step by step
- Boil the meat till tender and set aside..
- Clean your onion and chop. Then fry the onion till brown. Add your cleaned and chopped tomatoes..
- Clean and cut the dhania and add to the mixture. Stir and cook for two minutes..
- Add the meat without the stock and cook for five minutes. Then add the stock..
- For the matoke and the Irish potatoes, peel and chop then clean..
- Fry your onions till brown, add tomatoes..
- Cook for two minutes then add the beef cube. Add two cups of water then add your mixture of both matoke and the Irish potatoes. Boil till well cooked..
- Then serve.
We would add at least another lb of beef and some more carrots. Beef is not only good for the skeleton and spleen, but also helps to warm the stomach in winter. Potatoes with a little fat and carrots with considerable carotene and vitamins are common vegetables for all Chinese people. When cooked together as this recipe, they taste fabulous and the nutrition. A scrumptious, simple stew of nothing but beef and mushrooms.