Arroz con leche (rice with milk). Rice pudding (arroz con leche) made the traditional Mexican way, with both whole and evaporated milk and an aromatic touch of cinnamon. Gradually add whole milk to rice, then evaporated milk. Turn plain white rice into a yummy, kidney-friendly dessert with renal dietitian Melisa's Arroz con Leche recipe.
To make your own, cook white rice with cinnamon and then simmer it in milk until it thickens. For a shortcut version, start with leftover cooked rice that you thicken with milk and sweetened condensed milk. Stir vanilla and raisins into your. You can cook Arroz con leche (rice with milk) using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz con leche (rice with milk)
- Prepare 1 liter of milk.
- Prepare 150 grams of rice.
- It’s 200 grams of sugar.
- It’s 1 piece of of lemon peel.
- You need 1 piece of of orange peel.
- You need 1 stick of cinnamon.
Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat. Return the rice to the saucepan. Stir in the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and whole milk. arroz-con-leche – this Arroz con Tres Leches (Mexican Three-Milk Rice Pudding) dessert has cinnamon, milk, rice, vanilla, condensed mill. Add milk, water, rice and salt to the Instant Pot.
Arroz con leche (rice with milk) step by step
- Boil the rice for 8 minutes..
- Refresh the rice by putting it under running cold water..
- Heat the milk with the lemon peel, the orange peel and the cinnamon stick..
- Strain the milk..
- Add the rice to the milk and cook it with low heat for 20-30 minutes..
- Stir occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan..
- Add the sugar just before cooking is done..
- End the cooking dissolving the sugar..
- Distribute in bowls or glasses, let it cool and decorate with ground cinnamon..
- When it is completely cold, store it in the fridge..
Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed. Freeze your leftover rice and turn it into this sweet and simple spiced-up pudding for a quick dessert. Refresh the rice by putting it under running cold water. Heat the milk with the lemon peel, the orange peel and the cinnamon stick. Arroz con Leche is a traditional Latin American dessert that translates to rice with milk.