Black Beans and Rice. Black beans, cayenne and cumin are added to the pot, given a stir.and that's it. Black beans and rice is such a classic combination, especially in Caribbean or Southern cooking. There are probably dozens of ways to make it; this one is an easy recipe that cooks up quick and tastes great.
Black Beans with Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice and Pickled Onions. Delicious and so easy to make, it should be part of your weekly rotation. Black beans and rice are a classic Latin-style side dish: but there are so many different ways to make them! You can have Black Beans and Rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Beans and Rice
- Prepare 1 cup of white rice ( cooked).
- Prepare can of black beans.
- You need of red crushed pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 lb of ground beef.
- You need of garlic salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of onion, chopped.
Then you've got black beans, jumbled with rice and green bell pepper, and seasoned with cumin, lime and cilantro. That's the style Alex and I have made for you in this recipe! Black beans and rice is a common dish all over the Caribbean. Canned black beans will work if you're short on time but I highly suggest dried black beans for added texture, flavor and fewer additives.
Black Beans and Rice step by step
- Sautée meat and onions on medium high in a skillet.
- When meat is semi cooked add the can of black beans ( drained).
- Cook and simmer for 15 minutes at this time add salt and pepper seasoning.
- After that fold in the white rice cook till evenly hot.
Stir in the rice, black beans, tomatoes, water, vinegar and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cuban black beans and rice is a healthy, high-protein, quick and easy vegetarian and vegan meal. Popular in the Caribbean and in Cuban cuisine Add any of your favorite seasonings to this basic vegetarian recipe for black beans and rice, spiced with peppers and hot sauce. Remove from heat and let stand for one hour.