Black Bean and Rice Skillet. This black bean and rice skillet is an easy one-pot dinner recipe made with pantry staples! This gluten-free recipe is packed with flavor for a hearty vegetarian meal. This post is sponsored by my friends at Cabot Creamery.
Zatarain's® Black Beans & Rice Dinner Mix helps to cut way down on the grocery list, because it includes the rice, black beans, and all the spices To finish the One-Pot Shrimp Black Bean Rice Skillet, top the rice with cool fresh toppings like, pico de gallo, sliced avocado, crumbly queso fresco. This cilantro lime shrimp and rice with black beans is perfect for warm Summer nights. Heat large skillet until hot on medium heat. You can cook Black Bean and Rice Skillet using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Rice Skillet
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 cup of corn kernels.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 cup of instant brown rice.
- You need 2 tsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly shredded cheese.
Add olive oil – it should run easily but not sizzle or burn. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Bring to a boil then stir in rice. Add the Zatarain's® Black Beans & Rice Dinner Mix, water, frozen corn, and butter.
Black Bean and Rice Skillet instructions
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion, peppers and corn kernels. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes until the onions and peppers begin to soften and the corn has some color on it..
- Increase the heat up to med-high. Stir in the garlic, zucchini, diced tomatoes, drained beans and seasonings. Give it all a stir. Once the garlic and seasonings are fragrant, add the rice and stir it around for a minute to toast it a bit..
- Pour in the vegetable broth and once it reaches a boil, place the lid on. Turn down the heat to med-low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Then turn the heat off, but leave the lid on and let it sit for 5 more minutes..
- After it sits, check it. The liquid should be pretty much absorbed. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place the lid back on for another 2 or so minutes, until the cheese melts. Then serve it up..
Cover the sauté pan and bring to a boil. Top with fresh sliced avocado, pico de gallo, queso fresco, and lime wedges. Chipotle Black Bean and Rice Skillet. When it comes to dinner time, one pan meals are lifesavers. Depending on what else I'm doing or prepping, this rice skillet comes together fairly quickly and feeds one to two hungry people (as long as you prep a bit by cooking the rice ahead of time).