Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker. I first made this Slow Cooker Black Bean and Rice Soup when black beans had been on my mind, and this recipe was one of those intuitive ones that swirled around in my brain for a few days and then suddenly I found myself in the kitchen making it. This has happened to me for years, but luckily when I. Slow Cooker Black Bean and Rice Soup is a filling, healthy, and hearty gluten-free slow cooker recipe that's easy on the wallet, and waistline!
Dried black beans are cooked all day in a slow cooker with chicken broth, canned jalapenos, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. All Reviews for Spicy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup. I love to eat black beans and rice and this is a great recipe for this. You can have Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare of Black Bean Soup:.
- It’s 2 cans (15 oz.) of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 1 cup of salsa (whatever kind).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander, pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need of Rice:.
- You need 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
The slow cooker black beans will keep for about a week in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep several months in a normal freezer, or even up to a Cilantro Citrus Chicken with Beans and Rice. Homemade Chorizo and Black Bean Chili (with links to. I made this amazing slow cooker black bean soup yesterday.
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
I've been testing this recipe for a while now, trying to get the liquid and My inspiration for this came from an old co-worker who had brought in a black bean soup to work. She is the best cook I know, her soup had so many. Slow Cooker (or Stovetop) Vegetarian Black Bean and Rice Soup with Lime and CilantroKalyn's Kitchen. Slowcooker Lentil, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili (Slow Cooker, Crockpot, Crock Pot)SparkRecipes. Ropa vieja, the classic Cuban dish of shredded stewed beef flavored with a vinegary tomato and pepper sauce, is a natural choice for the slow cooker, stewed all day and After an initial sear in a hot pan, ropa vieja is prepared in the slow cooker and served with rice and stovetop-prepped black beans.