Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. Cubes of cooked chicken and brown rice are added to this creamy soup made with roasted garlic chicken broth and roux-thickened milk. All Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup. This homemade chicken and rice soup is a favorite soup of ours!
Pure comfort and totally right for all that feels wrong. Today's wild rice soup recipe comes from my good friend and baking maharishi/mentor/advisor Barbara Schieving's new cookbook The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. This Chicken Rice Soup is a hearty, healthy soup recipe that's perfect for fall! You can cook Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- It’s 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 3 of celery, diced.
- You need 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- You need 6 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 of dried bay leaf.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Soup season continues here on The Recipe Rebel and I'm back with this easy Chicken Rice Soup! Mushrooms would be great (if you're into that sort of thing), peppers, spinach, kale, or even frozen peas stirred in. Looking for the best Panera cream of chicken soup? If You Love Panera Bread, You Need to Try This Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup! by Delish US.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup step by step
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
What Is Chicken and Rice Casserole? Campbell's Soup Company introduced this homestyle casserole as a way to use their condensed cream of chicken soup. Cover the baking dish with foil. The rice needs to absorb the liquid from the sauce and any juices that the chicken gives off, so don't let it. Add onion, carrots and celery and sauté until slightly tender.