Biko (Filipino Rice Cake).
You can have Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Biko (Filipino Rice Cake)
- Prepare 4 cups of Glutinous rice.
- Prepare 3 cans (14 oz) of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of dark Brown sugar,packed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fine salt.
Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) instructions
- Place rice in a large bowl. Soak with cool water overnight..
- Rinse and drain rice. Set aside..
- Reserve 3/4 cup of coconut milk. Pour the remaininh coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups of water in a large sauce pan. Cook in medium heat until it simmers..
- Add drained rice into the simmering mixture. Stir often making sure rice does not burn along the sides of the pan. Continue to cook over medium heat until rice soaks up most of the liquid..
- Reduce heat and add 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar and salt to the rice mixture. Continue to cook, stirring often. Taste a small amount of rice to check if it is cooked through.The mixture should be thick and sticky at this point..
- Transfer cooked rice mixture into a baking pan generously buttered, spread to an even layer..
- In a small sauce pot, combine the reserved coconut milk and the remaining 1 cup of brown sugar. Bring to a boil until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow it to cool slighty before gently pouring over the rice mixture..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for an hour until brown sugar topping has thickened and is bubbling..
- Allow to cool before serving..