Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style). Fried rice was originally created to avoid wasting leftover cooked rice. I believe its origins were from China and later adapted to other Asian countries. This Indonesian style with fried egg, shrimps and chicken ticks all the boxes with a marriage of flavours that will leave you wanting more.
Indonesian Shrimp Fried Rice – also known as Nasi Goreng. This fried rice dish is a combination of sweet, spicy and salty flavors. Although Indonesian fried rice is traditionally made with kecap manis, which contains wheat, this recipe did not use kecap manis, so it is gluten-free, an extra plus. You can have Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style)
- It’s 500 gr of leftover cooked rice (a day old).
- It’s 4 of eggs, lightly beaten with 1/4 tsp salt.
- It’s of Shrimp, as needed, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare to taste of Sweet soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of green onion, sliced and seperate the green and white part.
- Prepare to taste of Salt,.
- You need to taste of Ground white pepper,.
- Prepare of Grind into spice paste.
- It’s to taste of Dried chilies, soak into boiling water until softened.
- It’s of (Fresh Thai chilies can be used instead of dried chilies).
- Prepare 4 of shallots.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 cube of or 1 tsp shrimp paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of crispy tiny shrimp.
Nasi Goreng (Indonesian-style Fried Rice) – Manila Spoon. My Nasi Goreng (or Indonesian Fried Rice) is a spicy rice dish that's way more flavourful than regular fried rice. Find Thai Shrimp Fried Rice Old Fashioned stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations. Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg.
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) instructions
- Heat oil in a wok. Pour the beaten egg then stir it to make scramble egg. Put aside in a bowl..
- Heat oil in a frying pan/wok on high heat. Sauté spice paste until fragrant, about 3 minutes..
- Add white part of green onion. Stir for a few second..
- Add the shrimp. Stir until the shrimp look pink..
- Add the cooked rice and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes..
- Add about 1 or 2 tsp sweet soy sauce (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix with a scooping motion until everything well combined..
- Add the scramble egg and green part of green onion. Continue stir-frying the rice for another minute. Have a taste, add more salt if needed. Serve immediately..
- Sweet soy sauce.
- Shrimp paste/belacan (terasi).
- Crispy tiny shrimp.
I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of But it is tastier and more authentic with dried shrimp. So I've compromised and taken the easy route by using shrimp paste rather than dried shrimp which. Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice made healthier using leftover cooked brown rice, a delicious whole grain that's high in fiber, so it fills you up. Fried rice is the ultimate leftover food because it requires using leftover rice. Otherwise it won't be dry enough to fry and come out a but mushy.