Creamy black rice with squid and olive oil recipe. Recipes made with extra virgin olive oil. Entrants, snacks, main dishes and desserts from Olive Oils from Spain. Preparation If the squid has tentacles, pull them away from the body.
Enter custom recipes and notes of your own. Monitor nutrition info to help meet your health goals. Easily add recipes from Yums to the Meal. You can cook Creamy black rice with squid and olive oil recipe using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy black rice with squid and olive oil recipe
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need 300 g of rice.
- It’s 1 litre of fish stock.
- Prepare 1/4 glass of white wine.
- You need 4 of medium-sized squid.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of squid ink.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1/2 of green pepper.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Parsley.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
The local black rice – "Arroz Negro" from Alicante, Spain. Black Spanish Seafood Paella with Squid ink. Squid ink is added to the paella-like dish to give it its distinctive black look. Arroz negro is a Valencian and Catalan dish made with squid, prawns, rice and seasoned with herbs and spices.
Creamy black rice with squid and olive oil recipe instructions
- Start by making a light aioli (garlic mayonnaise) sauce. To do this, make a mayonnaise in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of squid ink and a clove of garlic either crushed in a garlic press or chopped very finely. Mix together until completely blended..
- Once the mayonnaise is well blended with the garlic and squid ink, add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain which will give it a unique and amazing gloss..
- Lightly cover the base of a low-sided pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and gently fry the pepper, onion and garlic, all cut into very small cubes..
- When they start to take on a sheen, add the tomato paste and fry everything together for a couple of minutes..
- Add the squid, cut into small chunks, and cook until the colour changes. Season to taste. Keep aside some of the tentacles and squid rings to fry in Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain so they can be used as a final garnish for this spectacular dish..
- Add the rice and mix together. Pour in the white wine and, once the alcohol has evaporated, add two tablespoons of squid ink and stir..
- Now add the stock little by little and as it evaporates keep on adding more stock until the rice is ‘al dente’. Dissolve the remaining two tablespoons of squid ink in the last cup of stock just before it is ready to be added..
- Test the rice grains to make sure they are ready and then serve with some chopped parsley and the garlic mayonnaise..
Blend in the oil a little at a time until the mixture emulsifies and thickens. Stir in the garlic, lemon juice. Have you ever tried black rice? ½ cup Spanish extra-virgin olive oil. salt and pepper to taste. Clean the baby squid, it's very important to take the cartilage out (it looks like a long thin plastic) and get rid of any sand or tiny pieces of shell (or other fish the squid might have eaten). This black rice pilaf with onion and almonds is a unique, flavorful side dish that is quick and easy to make and pairs well with many mains.