Fluffy tomato flavored Mexican rice. Make light and fluffy tomato-accented rice flavored with onion and garlic powders using this hand-me-down recipe. This recipe is a quick and easy way to make Mexican rice. This recipe makes a dry restaurant-style rice.
With a whisper of coriander / cilantro fragrance and delicate tomato flavour, this Mexican rice Jasmine and basmati rice will produce similar fluffiness but will have a different fragrance because of the rice flavour. Medium grain will also be pretty fluffy. This Mexican Rice recipe and instructions is guaranteed to give you the fluffiest, most flavorful rice, just like you would get at a restaurant! You can cook Fluffy tomato flavored Mexican rice using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fluffy tomato flavored Mexican rice
- It’s 4 tbs. of canola oil.
- You need 2 cups of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbs of knorr tomato flavored bouillion powder.
- It’s 1 packet of sazon cilantro and tomato seasoning.
- Prepare 4 dashes of onion powder.
- Prepare 4 dashes of garlic powder.
As for making the rice with blended tomatoes, it does take more time, and I just don't find the flavor as.bold. So if you're looking for a very mellow taste to your. I LOVE Spanish Rice (aka MexicanRice)! Which rice is best for Spanish Rice?
Fluffy tomato flavored Mexican rice instructions
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry rice until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly poor water into pan while stirring the rice. Season with tomato powder, sazon, onion powder, and garlic powder and stir..
- Bring to a boil. Cook an additional 2 minutes at boiling. Reduce heat to low simmer, then cover. Simmer on low until no more water is in the pot, roughly 15 minutes, being careful not to disturb and open the lid too much. Remove pan from heat and let sit covered to let moisture be completely absorbed into rice for 5 minutes more. Fluff with fork and serve..
We love to use long-grain white rice. It gets fluffy and does not Can you use salsa instead of tomato sauce? Salsa can add more flavor and even a bit more spice to this mild rice recipe. This easy Mexican rice recipe turns your basic white rice into a vibrant and flavorful side dish. But today, I'm going to walk you through how to achieve that deliciously fluffy rice with a kick of spice.