Japanese Curry Rice. Japanese curry (カレー, karē) is commonly served in three main forms: curry rice (カレーライス, karē raisu, curry over rice), curry udon (curry over noodles), and curry bread (a curry-filled pastry). It is one of the most popular dishes in Japan. How to make Japanese curry rice.
It's eaten with sticky white rice which goes very well with this curry. Add a simple green salad, and you have a tasty meal for your family. And the stew is Japanese curry rice, one of the easiest, cheapest, most crowd-pleasing one-pot Making curry rice at home rules because you can so easily customize it in an infinite number of ways. You can have Japanese Curry Rice using 45 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Curry Rice
- You need of For stir-frying.
- Prepare 11 oz of pork shoulder or beef sliced sukiyaki style.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rapeseed or canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 2 tbsps of finely chopped ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsps of finely chopped garlic.
- You need of Curry.
- It’s 5 cups of Japanese chicken stock/torigara stock.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots diced.
- Prepare 18 oz of potatoes peeled and diced.
- You need 3 tbsps of curry powder.
- You need 3 tbsps of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 of fuji apple grated.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
- You need of Thickener/seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of potato starch dissolved in 2tbsps of water.
- Prepare 2 of tsps mirin.
- You need 2 tbsps of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Add-ons.
- You need of Tonkatsu/torikatsu.
- It’s of Pork gyoza.
- You need of Tatsuta-age.
- It’s of Grilled/steamed vegetables.
- Prepare of Mushrooms.
- You need of Soft-boiled eggs.
- You need of Fukujinzuke.
- You need of Ebi furai.
- Prepare of Croquettes.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- You need of Burger patty.
- It’s of Fried squid.
- It’s of Fried fish.
- It’s of Omelet (top on rice).
- It’s of Optional ingredients (add to taste).
- You need of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Yogurt.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Tonkatsu sauce.
- You need of Honey.
- It’s of Coffee.
- Prepare of Chocolate.
- You need of Milk.
This recipe captures a classic Japanese curry, complete with juicy pieces of chicken, tender nubbins of carrot, sweet Fresh spices and vegetables give this homemade Japanese curry a blast of flavor. Add flour and curry powder and saute over low heat. Slowly pour the soup into the pan, little by little, stirring quickly. With curry flavoured rice, seasoned soy mince, vegetables and raisins, this fried rice recipe is one.
Japanese Curry Rice step by step
- Cut the pork slices crosswise into 1/6-inch (4 cm) strips..
- In a medium heavy pot, heat the oils over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Slide in the pork or beef and stir-fry for I-2 minutes, then add the onion and cook, stirring, until the pork has browned and the onions are deeply golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger and garlic in the last minute or two before the pork and onions are done..
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, add the carrots, apple and potatoes, and cook until just cooked through, 5-7 minutes..
- In a small bowl, blend the curry powder with a small amount of broth from the pot to make a slurry. Add that to the pot..
- Add the potato starch mixture, mirin, and soy sauce and simmer until thickened, 7-10 minutes longer. Add any additional ingredient of choice here..
- If the bottom of the pan is browning or sticking, adjust the heat to low. Serve hot on top of a bed of Japanese rice. The curry rice heats up well for leftovers over the course of several days..
Have you heard of Japanese curry or Curry Rice (Karē Raisu)? Japanese curry is always served with steamed rice, and the common ingredients include a variety of proteins (chicken, beef, pork. It was served to the Japanese. This tasty Japanese curry rice dish is a favourite among the locals in Japan. Consisting of fresh apples, store-bought roux and other secret ingredients, the dish can be easily recreated for a weekday.