Potato pancake. Looking for potato pancake and latke recipes? So simple, yet unbelievably tasty, these Classic Potato Pancakes are not to be missed! Follow my simple instructions and make this easy treat today!
Have them with eggs, meats or salads. Potato pancakes is a classic Jewish recipe, and the Jewish potato pancakes are called 'latkes'. Latkes are traditionally made for the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah – the Festival of Lights – that. You can have Potato pancake using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato pancake
- Prepare 8 of meduim potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of eggs(2 for the mixing and 2 for coating).
- It’s 3 of Scotch bonnet(attaruhu).
- It’s 1 of medium Onion and spring onion(lawashin albasa).
- Prepare to taste of Salt enough.
- You need 3 cubes of Maggi.
- Prepare of Spices.
- It’s of Flour(hand scoop).
- You need of Oil for frying.
Potato pancakes are such a delicious way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. They have fluffy centers, golden edges, and a little cheese for extra flavor. Buttermilk sweet potato pancakes, Potato Pancakes, Potato Pancake Recipe. Easy Potato Pancakes – Wonderfully crisp, tender, and just melt-in-your mouth amazing.
Potato pancake instructions
- Peel potatoes,shredd using greater and squeeze out the water.The water is of no use..
- Transfer in to a bowl,add chopped attarudu,onion and spring onion,add little flour(to make it sticky),eggs,salt,maggi and spices..
- Mix well,scoop and mold in to a ball..
- Deflat the ball and coat with semovita/flour.
- Deep in egg and fry..
- I love the taste..
Can be served as an appetizer, side dish or even a light main dish! Potato pancakes require you to grate potatoes on the smallest slots of your grater. This is more time consuming and results in a liquidy pulp. To speed things up, I use a blender or food processor. Sweet Potato Pancakes that are mega soft, fluffy, comforting and fabulous!