My Beef Stew.
You can cook My Beef Stew using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Beef Stew
- Prepare 1-2 lb of beef stew meat.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of carrots peeled and cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 2 of celery stalks, cut into bite sized pieces (optional).
- It’s 1 lb of potatoes peeled cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 3 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 cup of peas.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley (garnish).
- It’s of I used a bag of mixed vegetables in this today.
- Prepare Dash of crushed red pepper.
My Beef Stew step by step
- In a shallow dish mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Coat the pieces of in the flour..
- In a large stockpot add the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat pieces and brown on all sides (the meat will continue cooking in the stew). Once the meat is brown remove it to a plate and set aside. Cook in batches to not crowd the pan..
- If you need to add additional butter or olive oil you can add more to saute the vegetables. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery into the pot and cook until the vegetables start to caramelize or get slightly soft..
- Add in the beef broth, tomato paste, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, red cooking wine, bay leaf, thyme and rosemary..
- Add the beef pieces back into the pot..
- Bring the stew to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it starts to boil then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and cook for one hour to 90 minutes or until the beef is tender..
- Mix the cornstarch and water together and slowly stir into the beef stew to thicken the sauce. Cook for 10-15 minutes with the lid off stirring occasionally as it thickens..
- Remove the bay leaf..
- Add the peas to the stew the last 5-10 minutes while it is thickening and before serving so they don’t get mushy..
- Garnish with parsley and Enjoy!.