Tex's Pizza Dough 🍕. Pizza Place in San Antonio, Texas. San Antonio´s only authentic Neapolitan pizzeria. Anthony Falco of Roberta's in Bushwick, Brooklyn, teaches Sam Sifton how to make restaurant-style pizza dough at home.
While you wait for the dough to be ready, you can get to work prepping your tomato sauce, chopping fresh vegetables, or. Dough Pizzeria, an Authentic Neapolitan style pizza restaurant, creates delectable, delicious Italian dishes San Antonio, Texas and Dallas Texas. Look for bread flour or pizza flour with a protein content. You can cook Tex's Pizza Dough 🍕 using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex's Pizza Dough 🍕
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of dry active yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sliced black olives (optional).
- You need of your favourite Italian herbs (optional).
Dealing With Pizza Dough: Pizza dough can be tricky, let's face it. Rolling it out with a rolling pin can produce an acceptable albeit flat pizza, and if you over work the dough it will simply stretch back like a rubber band (not to mention be tough to eat). However the Neapolitan pizza association (Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana) clearly states that only yeast should be used to make the dough. The traditional Neapolitan workflow has always been to create the dough on the night before baking the pizza.
Tex's Pizza Dough 🍕 instructions
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water.
- Beat in 1 cup of the flour.
- Combine the rest of the flour with the oil, salt, herbs, and olives, then add to the bowl. Mix until you have a dough that is elastic, but easy to handle. Add a little more flour or water if necessary. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl..
- Cover the bowl with cling film. Allow to prove for at least 2 hours at room temperature, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Flick the dough so that it begins to drop, almost to it a original size. Remove from bowl and place on your oiled work surface. Knead then form into a long brick shape.
- Divide into as many equal-sized pieces as you like according to the size of pizza you want.
- Form into equal size balls and allow to prove again for at least 30 mins.
- Cut and divide into smaller balls if necessary. Then take any dough balls you aren't ready to use, wrap in cling film then freeze.
- Shape with a rolling pin first, then your hands. Make sure the middle is thinner by working outwards with your fingers. Transfer to a baking tray or pizza stone..
- Add your favourite toppings and herbs while on the tray.
- Cook at 220°C/gas mark 7 (425°F) on the bottom shelf of the oven, for approximately 15-25 minutes (rotating the tray halfway through) or until the crust is golden brown.
This is one of the core features of creating a. Lightly coat the inside of a large bowl with olive oil. Add dough, turn to coat in oil and cover bowl with plastic wrap. When the dough cycle is complete, take the dough out of the machine and place in well greased bowl, and roll the dough around (in the bowl) thus Knead the risen dough lightly. To shape and bake: roll the dough into a circle.