Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge. Anthony Falco of Roberta's in Bushwick, Brooklyn, teaches Sam Sifton how to make restaurant-style pizza dough at home. Homemade Pizza Crust (Dough) from Scratch – Easy Recipe. This homemade pizza dough recipe is great for beginners and yields a soft and chewy pizza crust.
Homemade pizza dough is easier thank you think. Our pizza dough recipe is easy, fun, and totally tasty. It was the best pizza dough that I had come across. You can cook Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge
- Prepare of all-purpose flour, divided into 2. Have extra for dusting.
- Prepare of teaspoonInstant yeast.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of garlic powder/or dry basil leaves (optional).
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of warm water.
I made it many times, and claimed that it was my new favorite. But over the past couple of years, I have, at least in my opinion, perfected the method of making the best pizza you will have at home. This recipe for everyday pizza dough is one we've worked on together over the years, tweaking something here and adding something there, until finally coming to a consensus. It's easy to make, either over a lazy afternoon at home or to stash in your fridge for later, and it's super easy to roll out.
Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge instructions
- Combine 150gm of flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. (add garlic powder and dried basil at this point as well.).
- Add olive oil and warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir well..
- Gradually add another 1 cup (125g) of flour. Add any additional flour as needed. The dough will be slightly sticky but still should be manageable in your hands..
- Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and brush up the sides of the bowl..
- Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place..
- Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth. 3 to 5 minutes should do..
- Use either your hands or a rolling pin to work the dough into 12" circle. Transfer dough a pre greased pizza pan and either pinch the edges or fold them over to form a crust..
- Drizzle additional olive oil over the top of the pizza and brush the entire surface of the pizza with oil. Use a fork to poke holes all over the surface of the pizza. This keeps the dough from bubbling up..
- Bake in Preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Just until the dough firms up and you can easily add your toppings. NOTE I pre bake my crust coz I totally can not stand the taste of 'wet crust'. On essence, you can add your toppings and bake right away.
I make mine in the food processor, but it is not essential. Making homemade pizza dough is a fairly simple process. The only part that requires some skill is the stretching. The best pizza I ever had was in Rome, and once in Bologna (I think if I remember right). We tried at home all kinds of recipes but never had that perfect and delicious taste.