Grilled Pizza Dough. Grilled pizza is a summertime meal that has everything going for it. Whip up the dough, top with your favorite cheese and goodies, and grill while hanging out on the back deck with friends. Ive tried several different grilled pizza recipes and this is by far the easiest to make and.
Once you learn how to grill flatbread pizza, you'll never want to. I had heard of grilled pizza but was afraid to try it. Grilling pizza has a lot going for it: It's novel, it gives you even more reason to fire up the charcoal Game plan: This dough is easy to work with and very forgiving. You can cook Grilled Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Pizza Dough
- You need 600 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- You need 14 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Prepare 12 g of Sea Salt,.
- You need 1 TSP of Active Instant Dry Yeast,.
- You need 205 g of Water,.
- You need of Sesame Oil, 20g + More For Greasing.
Easy and delicious dough, ideal for grilled pizzas. To transfer the dough to the grill, lift it by the edges with your fingertips and drape it directly onto the hottest part of the grill. Pizza dough recipe, grilled pizza recipe. The best pizza doughs are made with bread flour.
Grilled Pizza Dough instructions
- In a large bowl, add in flour, sugar and salt. Mix to combine well. Mix, mix, mix. Add in yeast and mix to combine well. Create a well in the center. Gradually, pour in the water and oil while still mixing with your other hand or spatula. Combine the mixture well until it becomes a dough. You can do this by hand or a spatula..
- Once it becomes a dough, knead the dough inside the bowl until all the nooks and crannies of flour is kneaded into the dough, about 8 to 10 minutes. The dough should be smooth and tacky, but not sticky. It should pass the "window-pane" test. If the dough is too dry, add in water, 1 TBSP at a time. If the dough is too sticky, add in flour, 1 TBSP at a time. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions using a weight scale. Roll each portion into balls..
- Lightly grease the dough balls with sesame oil. Transfer the dough balls into each individual zip lock bag and seal or wrap in cling film. Let sit at room temperature for 30 mins. After 30 mins, place the dough in the fridge. Let the dough ferment in the fridge overnight..
- You can keep the dough balls in the fridge for up to 3 days or 3 months in the freezer.* On pizza grilling day, take the dough out from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours for shaping and grilling. *If you intend to freeze the dough, thaw the dough in the fridge overnight and let the dough sit at room temperature at least 2 hours before shaping and grilling.*.
- The distinctive shape of grilled pizza is its oblong oval shape. To achieve that shape, place a dough ball onto a lightly floured surface. Press the ball down with your palm. Using a rolling pin and roll into an oblong oval shape to about 1/8 inch thick. Lightly poke all over the dough with a fork. Poke, poke, poke. Brush the dough with oil..
- On a griddle over medium heat, gently place the shaped dough, oiled side down onto the griddle. Brush the top side of the dough with oil. As soon as the bottom starts to charred, flip the pizza. Add whichever toppings as desire. Cover to generate steam for the cheeses to melt. Carefully remove from heat and serve immediately..
This quick and mess-free grilled pizza dough recipe is a great way to spend a spring, summer or fall night outdoors. Even better, when the garden starts to produce – you can make endless varieties of. Take your pizza making experience to the next level by making Grilled Pizzas with pizza dough, and your choice of pizza sauce and toppings! Pizza dough from scratch is the only way to make pizzas. This is my fool proof and easy recipe for homemade pizza dough and how to grill it to perfection!