Pizza bake with zucchini crust. While the zucchini crust is baking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef and onion. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Zucchini Pizza Bake Haiku: "Don't hate my review!
Yes, absolutely, you can freeze this zucchini pizza crust once it is baked and before you add the toppings. This makes it perfect for meal planning. Easy Zucchini Pizza Crust Recipe is a great way to sneak some nutrition into homemade pizza night! You can cook Pizza bake with zucchini crust using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza bake with zucchini crust
- It’s 4 c of shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 2 large zucchini).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 c of Italian style bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/2 c of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 c of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 c of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of an onion, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 c of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 c of sliced black olives.
No one can even tell that there's zucchini in the dough! I always cook and bake with pure sea salt! How to Make Zucchini Pizza Crust. I love cooking with zucchini because it's nutritious and versatile.
Pizza bake with zucchini crust step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Place zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let drain for 15 minutes then squeeze out the moisture..
- Combine zucchini, eggs, parmesan, 1 c mozzarella and 1/2 c Monterey Jack, bread crumbs and garlic in a large bowl. Press the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat with olive oil. Heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in tomato sauce, salt & pepper (to taste) and Italian seasoning..
- Spoon meat mixture over baked zucchini crust. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Monterey Jack over top. Top with mushrooms and olives..
- Bake for 20 mins or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving..
- All done!.
And just like that, your zucchini pizza crust is finished. Place zucchini mixture on the pizza pan, spreading out to the edges of the pan. Top with pepperoni and/or other pizza toppings. Remove the crust from the oven and flip it over. This amazing zucchini pizza crust recipe uses almond flour to make a thin, healthy and delicious twist on a classic.