Breakfast Empanadas. Breakfast empanadas don't have to be filled with bacon and eggs. Traditional fillings like chicken and beef are also delicious, or you can make vegetarian empanadas with beans. These breakfast empanadas are filled with a chorizo, potato, and scrambled egg mixture and enclosed in the best pastry ever (it's easy pastry, promise).
Brush the egg wash over the tops of the empanadas. Our delicious empanadas are handmade, baked not fried and always filled with love. To assemble the empanadas, place a scoop of filling (recipe below) in the middle of the empanada wrapper. You can have Breakfast Empanadas using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Empanadas
- You need 8 of eggs.
- You need Half of a leek stock finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of shallot finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 lb. of Smoked ham diced.
- Prepare 1 can of green chilies.
- Prepare of Favorite hand pie dough.
Fold over and seal the edges with a fork. Easy step by step instructions on how to make a breakfast empanada. Transfer empanadas to paper towels to drain. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Breakfast Empanadas instructions
- Heat skillet to medium low and soften the leeks and shallots..
- Add the ham and green chilies. I used leftover spiral ham that I smoked earlier this year..
- Roll dough out to quarter inch thick and cut into 12 six inch rounds..
- Crack and whisk eggs. Add to the skillet once the ham is warm..
- Stir continuously. The goal here is to have super creamy and slightly undercooked scrambled eggs..
- Move the mixture to the bowl the eggs were mixed in. Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and start heating about a quarter inch of oil. I used peanut oil because it's delicious but canola oil works super good too – used before and it's my 'every day' oil..
- Load the rounds with the filling, fold and crimp the seam. Cut slits into the top surface for steam to escape..
- Put the empanadas in the skillet slit side up, don't over crowd. Once the bottom is golden flip and when otherside is golden remove..
- Put on a baking sheet in oven on warm until all are done..
- Eat some right away and freeze the rest. These are super awesome premade breakfasts for camping. Reheat in a cast iron on the campfire and crush it with some coffee and go hit the trail! With salty from the ham and creamy from the constantly stirred eggs you won't miss cheese in here, but can totally be added. A queso fresco would be great..
An empanada is a type of baked or fried turnover consisting of pastry and filling, common in Southern European, Latin American, and the Philippines cultures. The challenge with empanadas, especially cheese empanadas, is to keep them from For cheese empanadas it also helps if you mix different cheeses, for example queso fresco and mozzarella. See more ideas about Empanadas, Food, Recipes. Empanadas Argentinas de pollo en receta de cocina con pollo y masa para empanadas caseras. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals!