Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe and South Africa. Pepper Steak and Mushroom Meat Pie Recipe.
From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies! A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. English meat pies are beloved all over the world! You can cook Meat pie using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare of For the dough.
- You need 4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of yeast.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Prepare of For filling,.
- Prepare 1 kg of minced meat.
- Prepare of Chopped onions.
- You need of Chopped green peppers.
- It’s of Ground scotch bonnet.
- You need to taste of Seasoning and spices.
- You need 1 of egg for egg wash.
English pasties, or beef patties), are meat-filled turnovers. This tasty treat is said to originate from Cornwall, England. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one!
Meat pie step by step
- Mix all your dough ingredients together to form a soft dough, cover and allow to rise for 20 minutes..
- Now sautee chopped and ground vegetable with a little oil and put in your minced meat turn well add your spices and seasoning to taste and cover and allow to cook completely..
- Now roll your dough flat using a chopping board and rolling pin, then cut into circles. Put some of the meat filling onto the dough..
- Fold it to make a semicircle and pinch the edges to seal it. If you're going to bake egg wash the top before baking. Or fry in hot oil until golden brown..
See more ideas about meat pie, recipes, cooking recipes. We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. Makes these delicious meat pies using a pie maker! Easy pie maker recipe with step-by-step photos.