Stuffed Crust Pizza Base. Stuffed crust pizza is pizza with cheese or tomato sauce added into the crust. Today on Greg's Kitchen l show you how they make a stuffed crust pizza, the most important thing is using your own pizza base so you can actually stuff it! Spread a thin layer around the circumference of the pizza and fold over.
Hawaiian pizza or BBQ chicken pizza would be A+ with this stuffed pizza crust! Pizza UNOS deep PAN chicago style pizza. Source: The Pizza Book: Everything There Is To Know About the World's Greatest Pie by Evelyne I would make extra dough to be sure you have enough for the base and the crust. You can cook Stuffed Crust Pizza Base using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Crust Pizza Base
- It’s 500 g of ‘OO’ flour (sold in all supermarkets).
- Prepare 7 g of Dried Yeast.
- You need 300 ml of warm water and milk mixed.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of salt.
- You need 200 g of grated cheese for the stuffed crust.
- It’s 5 Cloves of Chopped Garlic.
- You need of Milk wash to seal the stuffed dough.
- You need Half of a teaspoon of sugar.
Use string cheese for the stuffed crust or you could get fresh. Pizza Hut's stuffed crust has been a staple in households in the U. S. and across the globe for years. The genius pizza combination originally debuted in The crust was based off the love for Pineapple Buns in Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong, and it's made by serving up a crispy shell with a soft, sweet.
Stuffed Crust Pizza Base step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160 / Gas Mk 5.
- Sprinkle the dried yeast into the warm liquid, add the sugar and a pinch of flour then mix well, cover and leave in a warm spot. If your kitchen is not warm, place some warm water in a bowl and place the jug inside..
- After about 20 minutes your yeast mixture should start working, it will start foaming at the top like a pint of bear head. Once this happens stir it well and repeat the process, the idea is to really get the yeast working..
- I use a dough hook in a mixer for convenience but if you have the muscles you can make the dough by hand..
- For great results, warm your ‘OO’ flour in a bowl with the heat in your grill section. You can use bread flour but ‘OO’ flour results in the perfect dough..
- Once the yeast has again started working, pour it into your warmed flour in two stages and start the mixing. Very soon you will notice your dough will become very elasticated and you’ll notice how lighter it already appears. Knead the dough for around 5-8 minutes then remove from the machine and cover the bowl with a damp cloth. This prevents an atmospheric dry crust on your dough..
- After around 30 minutes you will notice the dough has doubled in size. Knead it again for a further 5-8 minutes, cover it and leave to stand one final time..
- Once again after 30 minutes your dough has doubled in size and now very light and airy to the touch. It’s at this point you add the salt as you finally knock the dough back. The reason why it’s added at the end is because the sodium does affect the yeast and retards it..
- Some people add an egg in the recipe but this can make the dough spongy, some people add olive oil, but this technically fries the dough in the cooking process resulting in a hard base. I do add dried Oregano for extra flavour..
- Remove the dough ball from the bowl and divide in half, pop one half back in the mixer, add the chopped garlic and mix in, these can be rolled out into garlic dough balls and set out to prove under a damp cloth, ok back to the stuffed pizza base…..
- Roll out your dough base on a well floured worktop so it’s about an inch bigger than your pizza tray and lay over the tray tucking in the inside edges well..
- Fill the outer edge with grated cheese, then brush milk on the base by the cheese line and fold over the excess edge, pressing down to seal. Leave the base in a warm spot for about 10 minutes so it starts to rise..
- I blind bake the base for about 5 minutes to ensure you don’t get a soggy bottom. Take it out the oven and top it with tomato sauce and whatever toppings you like, it’s your choice. My main aim was to give you the perfect dough formula and the stuff crust technique..
- Cook the garlic dough balls for about 6 minutes and cover with garlic butter when finished. You will notice how light and fluffy they are using ‘OO’ flour instead of bread flour. Enjoy..
Making Stuffed Crust Pizza : This instructable is for people who want to make a classic supper a little different. Start rolling the dough out so that it's a bit bigger than the pizza pan you're using so that there is room to fold it over the for the stuffed crust. We show you how to make your own stuffed crust pizza, using a cheese you might be surprised to see. Pizza Hut's cheesy stuffed pizza crust is a favorite. Learn how to create it at home with this copycat recipe created by Todd Wilbur at Top Secret Recipes!