Chicken pies. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. We have lots of recipes whether you like puff pastry, potato-topped or a light filo-wrapped version. Get the perfect chicken pie whether you opt for crisp puff or buttery shortcrust pastry.
From easy chicken and mushroom pie to spectacular pithiviers. Loads of delicious chicken pie recipes for classics like chicken and leek pie, chicken and mushroom pie, as well as tasty ideas like curried chicken puff pastry parcels. · This Chicken Shepherd's Pie is not your mama's recipe! Made with a creamy curry sauce topped by a layer of mashed potatoes, it is the ultimate comfort food. You can have Chicken pies using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken pies
- You need of Dough.
- You need 3 cups of wheat floor.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (room temp).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Milk as required.
- Prepare of Fillings.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded boiled chicken.
- You need of I chopped onion.
- You need of I grated carrot.
- Prepare of I capsicum.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of floor.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
A traditional chicken pie will contain plenty of fabulous fresh vegetables including carrots, peas, leeks or onions. Nowadays, you can add almost anything to your chicken pie, for example mushrooms. These Individual Chicken Pot Pies are easy to make, stuffed with chicken, carrots, and celery, and topped with a delicious flaky buttermilk crust. Chicken pot pie is one of my favorite meals.
Chicken pies instructions
- Mix the floor and butter until properly combined.
- Add milk as you continue kneading and obtain a clean dough.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Fry onions in a pan till golden brown then add garlic and chicken.
- Cook the chicken for about 2 minutes then add carrots and capsicum. Continue to cook for a minute.
- Add the spices and floor into the milk and mix them well before adding into the chicken.
- Cook for 2 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Roll out the dough into 1/2 cm thick and cut out equal circles using a cup/bowl.
- Place a spoon scoop of the cooled filling at the centre of each circle and fold the edges together.
- Seal the edged using a fork and arrange the pies on a greased baking tray..
- Using a brush,glaze the pies with one beated egg.
- Bake the pies at 180c for 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool and serve with your desired beverage..
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Freeze & Bake Chicken Pot Pies. Roll out pie crust and use the foil pot pie dish as a template. Cut a piece of dough for the bottom of the dish that is about an inch (²¹⁄₂ cm). This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.