Fried Spinach feta Hand Pies. Spinach + Feta Hand Pies. by: Fried Parsley. These are rustic hand pies, meaning they're meant to look handmade – not professional and perfect. Pizza dough is quite elastic so it stretches and contracts as you roll and cut the dough, making every pie look different.
This little greek inspired appetizer of Spinach and Feta Pies is a great welcome to spring. Brush top of hand pie with butter and flakes of sea salt. Continue folding hand pies in same manner until. You can cook Fried Spinach feta Hand Pies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Spinach feta Hand Pies
- You need of Favorite hand pie dough recipe.
- You need 1 package of chopped frozen spinach.
- Prepare 1 of shallot finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare to taste of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need to taste of Grated nutmeg.
- It’s to taste of Crumbled feta.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
I hope this fall weekend is treating you well. This awesome recipe was inspired by my fried Ugie who has been craving Spinach Feta pie. Thaw the spinach overnight or in a colander under warm running water. Squeeze out the liquid and Let cool slightly and squeeze with your hands to extract as much of the remaining liquid as you can.
Fried Spinach feta Hand Pies instructions
- In a skillet heat the oil and red pepper flakes. Add the shallot when the oil is hot..
- Once the shallot is soft add the spinach, garlic and nutmeg..
- Once everything is softened move to a large bowl to let cool slightly..
- Roll out the hand pie dough and cut into 6 inch rounds..
- Lightly stir the feta and parsley into the filling mixture and stuff the hand pies..
- Shallow fry the hand pies and let cool on a wire rack. Serve with your favorite sides or with gyros..
Keywords: Crustless Spinach Pie, easy spinach and feta pie, easy spinach pie, potluck, Spinach Pie. My family and I loved it. I did use fresh spinach as I didn't have frozen on hand. I sauteed it first (just the spinach) and it worked fine. This tasty pie has a cream spinach and feta filling.