The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe. A simple fish pie recipe that's quick and easy to prepare. Portion into ramekins and freeze for quick toddler meals or cook in a big dish for the perfect family Using spiralized potato instead of mash gives the classic fish pie a crispy topping. An ideal, filling family supper packed full of king prawns.
Try using salmon, smoked haddock, prawns and even scallops to pep-up your fish pie recipe, or swap the traditional mash potato topping for indulgent puff pastry. I like to use a combination of both smoked and normal unsmoked fish. The smoked fish (the bright orange one) provides most of Leftovers reheat pretty well, but I do find that the filling is not quite as saucy as I'd like but that's a problem inherent with all pies like this because. You can have The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe
- You need 320 g of tuna flakes in oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized bell peppers (Any colour will do, I used green).
- You need 1 of medium sized onion.
- You need 2 of medium sized carrots.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch + 1 tsp water.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger powder.
Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. You can make the mash for this fish pie recipe in advance. (Mash freezes really well.) Frozen fish works brilliantly and can be poached directly from frozen. Find stacks of fish pie recipes for a family friendly, comforting meal. See recipes for The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe, Leeky Fish Pie too.
The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe instructions
- Gather all the ingredients. Thoroughly wash the vegetables. Grate the carrots, finely dice the garlic and cut the bell peppers and onions into cubes. Mix the water and cornstarch together..
- In a heavy bottom saucepan to avoid burning, cook the tuna flakes alone for about 2 – 3 minutes on medium heat stirring frequently. After, add in the vegetables and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring as and when needed..
- Next, add in all the seasoning, cornstarch and water mixture and butter, stir thoroughly and cook for the last 3 – 4 minutes on low heat. When done, take of the heat and allow to cool completely. Use for the intended purpose. This filling can be refrigerated for up to 1 week and frozen for up to 1 month in a zip lock bag. Just reheat for a few minutes before use..
This Fish Pie recipe has been handed down through generations. Nothing beats a creamy fish pie for some hearty comfort food. Its soo good it was my winning dish when cooking on stage at Big Feastival! The best fish pie recipe from one of London's top restaurants Fish pie is the ultimate comfort food and this easy fish pie recipe is delicious and nutritious.