Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies. I am on the search for cookies that can use whole wheat flour and no sugar. Health lovers and peanut butter lovers unite!
This almost-healthy chocolate chip peanut butter cookie tastes amazing and is full of whole wheat flour and oats with no butter! These cookies have an amazing texture (which you'd never expect from no butter and whole wheat flour). Ease: You can whip up the dough for these little delights in. You can have Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of peanut butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
Peanut butter cookies are usually a great candidate for using whole wheat flour, even if you're not usually a big fan of using whole wheat flours in baking. Whole wheat flour has a stronger flavor than regular all purpose flour does, and in some types of cookies, that flavor can sort of take over the. I also love this Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe because it makes just one dozen cookies. I feel like that's just enough to have a few without keeping too many sweets in the house all week.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Soften the butter by microwaving it for 30 seconds..
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, and egg until completely smooth. Stir in the baking powder. Next add the whole wheat flour and mix until totally blended. If the dough ends up being too soft to work with, refrigerate for an hour..
- Roll dough into palm size patties and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with a fork..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
If you want to make them for a crowd or cookie exchange though, it's easy to double or triple the batch. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract. Sift together the flours, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until smooth. Creamy peanut butter and peanut butter chips make this buttery, rich cookie so yummy.