cottage cheese & pasta salad. Cottage cheese is a fresh cheese curd product with a mild flavor. It is also known as curds and whey. It is made by draining the cheese, as opposed to pressing it to make Paneer—retaining some of the whey, keeping the curds loose.
Cottage cheese is not only high in protein but also essential nutrients. For these reasons, it's widely used by athletes and in weight loss. Cottage cheese is a cheese curd product with a mild flavor. You can cook cottage cheese & pasta salad using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of cottage cheese & pasta salad
- You need 16 oz of colored pasta.
- It’s 2 oz of sliced black olives.
- You need 20 oz of pineapple chunks.
- Prepare 24 oz of cottage cheese.
- You need 4 oz of sliced pepperoncini peppers.
- It’s 4 oz of thin sliced pepperoni (quartered).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese (your choice).
It is drained, but not pressed, so some whey remains and the individual curds remain loose. The curd is usually washed to remove acidity, giving sweet curd cheese. It is not aged or colored. #cottagecheese #homemadecottagecheese #easycottagecheese. How to Make Homemade Cottage Cheese – EASY & Delicious!
cottage cheese & pasta salad step by step
- cook pasta to desired firmness and rinse with cold water.
- get a large bowl and add pasta and all ingredients(except shredded cheese) and thoroughly mix.
- add shredded cheese on top.
- cover and put in refrigerator for 2 hours to chill.
Cottage cheese, pineapple chunks, banana slices, pecans, and coconut combine with a touch of maple syrup, pineapple juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. "All your favorite Hummingbird Cake flavor in a slightly-better-for-you version!" says Kim. You'll love it for breakfast or as a light dessert. Cottage cheese is a type of fresh cheese made from curds. It differs a lot from regular cheese, and it has a mild taste with a lumpy, white appearance. Due to its composition, cottage cheese provides some unique benefits, but also a greater chance of dairy sensitivities.