Chicken pesto pasta salad. Easy and delicious pasta with chicken. Serve with crusty bread and salad for a quick dinner. Use as much or as little pesto sauce as you like.
This chicken pesto pasta salad is quick, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. The perfect make-ahead salad for summer entertaining. This basil pesto pasta salad was definitely a BIG hit at our house. You can cook Chicken pesto pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto pasta salad
- It’s 3 cup of mixed salad leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 of a large cucumber.
- It’s 1 of medium sliced onion.
- Prepare 2 large of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 250 grams of cooked pasta of your choice.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika/chilli powder, chicken spice or any spices of your choice to season the chicken.
- You need 1 of tsp lemon juice (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1 of bit of oil to toss pasta, and a few tbsp of butter to cook chicken.
- It’s 6 tbsp of pesto.
This makes a large batch, and my husband ate ALL OF IT over a few days. Pesto chicken pasta salad is one of my summertime staples. This quick and easy salad recipe uses pasta, pesto, canned chicken, and vegetables. You can use your favorite vegetables in this simple salad.
Chicken pesto pasta salad instructions
- Mix salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Season chicken filets with spices, garlic and lemon juice. Grill in some butter until cooked..
- Toss cooked pasta with some oil, and then mix in about 6 tbsp of pesto..
- Slice cooked chicken in half lengthways, and then slice again into thin slices.
- Mix chicken and pasta together.
- Lastly, mix together chicken and pasta, together with salad. You can add extra seasonings, salad oil, dressings, feta, olives or any garnishing of your choice. Serve warm or cold..
Add some chopped yellow summer squash or add some grated carrots. Super easy pasta salad- wonderful for any thing from a brunch to a summer dinner. The only particular is that the pasta salad will taste best if you use the pesto in a plastic container in the refrigerated section. This Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad is an old favorite that's perfect as a side or as your main meal! It's a satisfying pasta salad that's packed with chicken and fresh veggies all in a creamy pesto dressing.