One pot beef taco pasta skillet. One pot cheesy taco pasta is budget friendly! This meal is not only delicious and simple but very easy on the budget. The pasta really stretches the meat and Taco pasta skillet is similar to hamburger helper but SO much better!
Variations on this Taco Beef and Potato Skillet: Substitute canned or frozen veggies for the carrots, onion and pepper. I look forward to someday having time for homemade pasta again. A cheesy taco pasta dish with taco seasoned ground beef, taco sauce, corn, and plenty of cheese that comes together all in one pot (even the pasta). You can have One pot beef taco pasta skillet using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One pot beef taco pasta skillet
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced(optional).
- Prepare 1/2 of green pepper, diced (optional).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of salsa (I substitute a half of can of tomatoes with green chili’s).
- You need 1 (8 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of (12oz)box bow tie uncooked pasta shells.
- Prepare 3 cups of beef broth (add more if needed or add more water).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of I added a splash of milk, when adding the cheese and I used velveete cheese (optional).
Pair Taco Pasta with a big salad like this Italian salad, this Caprese salad, or this panzanella salad. A couple days ago I shared my obsession with. This quick and easy taco skillet is a true one-pot wonder. Just be sure you pack your cast iron skillet and you can be having a taco party in the woods At this point, we add the ground beef, garlic, and a generous amount of taco seasoning to the skillet. (Some taco seasonings contain salt, so be careful.
One pot beef taco pasta skillet step by step
- Brown the beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat..
- Add in the taco seasoning, the salsa, tomato sauce, the beef broth and the pasta shells..
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil..
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. (add more broth or water if needed) the original recipe called for 2 cups but I changed the amount of pasta to more and changed the pasta noodle type as well, was just some of my changes. so when I made this I think I used 3 cups I did add water to the Original recipe I was using.).
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese..
- Top with diced tomatoes, sour cream or any other taco toppings you would like..
- I think if you added Frito chips to the top of this it would taste like the hamburger helper taco..
One skillet pasta meals are my favorite. I love being able to put everything in one skillet and have a complete meal at the end. If you are looking for meals that make enough for leftovers this One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta should do the trip. I always have enough for another meal or for lunches during the. This Taco Pasta Skillet quickly comes together in just one pot!