caldo de res (Mexican beef soup).
You can have caldo de res (Mexican beef soup) using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of caldo de res (Mexican beef soup)
- You need 2 of short ribs.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of beef stew meat.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of blub garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 of ground cayenne pepper to taste.
- You need 4 of beef bouillon cubes.
- It’s 2 of chayote cut in chunks.
- You need 2 of potatoes cut in chunks.
- Prepare 2 cup of baby carrots.
- Prepare 2 cup of frozen mixed vegetables.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro minced.
- Prepare 1 head of cabbage cut in chunks.
- You need 1 of fresh lime.
caldo de res (Mexican beef soup) step by step
- throw short ribs in soup pot with stewed tomatoes, garlic, onion and all seasoning, cover with water. bring her to a boil then simmer for about an hour, no peeking!.
- add the stew meat bring her back to a boil and simmer for 30 mins.
- throw in the chayote, potatoes, baby carrots, mixed veggies, cilantro and bring to boil, simmer for 20 mins.
- put the cabbage in and simmer for 10 mins.
- adjust seasoning if necessary, squeeze lime juice on her and enjoy that bowl of awesomeness!.