Tomato Basil Pasta. Toss warm pasta with feta cheese and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Stir tomato mixture into pasta and season with salt and pepper. This easy tomato basil pasta features that classic pairing of ripe tomatoes and peppery basil, taken to new heights with tangy balsamic and Parmesan cheese.
Made with slow roasted tomatoes, basil oil and tons of parmesan I should say: high maintenance tomato basil pasta. Because that is definitely what this is. Can I tell you a little secret? You can cook Tomato Basil Pasta using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Pasta
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh basil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 9-10 of ripe tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s of Spaghetti.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
Save time and money with this simple and tasty sauce, great with pasta, meat or fish. It's the perfect dish for any night of the week and can easily be customized to include a. PS: If you do make my roasted tomato and basil pasta, don't forget to tag me on Instagram (#lazycatkitchen). I love seeing your take on my recipes.
Tomato Basil Pasta step by step
- Mise En Place: Pick basil leaves- leave a few to garnish. Roughly chop the remaining leaves and save the stalks. Peel and finely slice the onion and garlic. Roughly chop the tomatoes..
- Put a saucepan on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil & add the onion. Cook for around 7 minutes, or until soft and lightly golden. Stir in the garlic and basil stalks for a few minutes..
- Add the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to cook for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in chopped basil leaves. Reduce to low, leave to tick away. Meanwhile, bring pasta water to a boil and salt heavily. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente (box will specify minutes). Reserve a cup of pasta water; Drain pasta once finished..
- Add a splash of pasta water to the sauce if it’s too thick. Toss spaghetti in and use tongs to toss well..
- Serve with reserved basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, and an olive oil drizzle..
I got the basis for this recipe from my cousin's wife, who absolutely adores the taste of fresh basil! Made with just six ingredients, this fresh tomato pasta recipe is a quick and easy summer dish. The dish is best made in the summertime with the freshest tomatoes and basil you can find. This one-pot pasta with tangy tomato-basil sauce is a simple, fast and easy weeknight dinner. This easy Tomato Basil Pasta features juicy ripe tomatoes paired with sweet basil, garlic and fresh parmesan cheese.