You can cook Buttermilk Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of vanilla.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- Prepare of each egg — lightly beaten.
- It’s of butter — melted.
- Prepare of pan spray.
Buttermilk Pancakes step by step
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir with a wire whisk to combine. (The batter will be slightly lumpy.).
- Spray the griddle or skillet lightly with the pan spray; the griddle or pan should be moderately hot. Drop a spoonful of batter to test if it is ready and adjust heat as needed..
- Drop the batter onto the griddle, using a two ounce ladle, leaving about one inch of space between pancakes..
- Cook the pancakes until the bottom is brown, the edges begin to dry, and bubbles begin to break the surface of the batter Turn the pancakes and cook them until the second side is brown. Repeat, using the remaining batter..